Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Happy Hump Day

Her fairies climb the bare, brown trees, 
And set green caps on every stalk; 
Her primroses peep bashfully From borders of the garden walk, 
And in the reddened maple tops Her blackbird gossips sit and talk.

Hannah R. Hudson, "April," The Atlantic Monthly, April 1868 

Good morning everyone. Looks like the temps are going to start warming up. Hope it stays that way. Yesterday when last year's Facebook memories popped up, I found that last year at this time I was heading out for a day in the park. Haven't had any park weather here yet. The only two days it was warm enough I was sitting in class.
I can't believe I haven't been out in two days.  Been so busy working on my family tree book for my daughter.  Have 3  families done so far, and as I go through, I jot down other families that must be done.  It's so hard to remember everyone.  When you look at it, I start out with me I branch out to over 5,000 people.  That's how many it took to make me who I am today.

Today I am headed out to Spanish class. Lunch first in the school cafeteria and, of course, purchasing my pudding parfait for tomorrow night's after weigh in dessert. Last week I was a bit disappointed. Usually there are only two kinds of parfait, chocolate and vanilla, so I picked up the chocolate without reading the top. Turns out it was a chocolate brownie parfait, chocolate pudding with huge chunks of brownies mixed in. A chocolate lover would have loved it, but it was a bit too sweet for me.

I was just talking to Ralph the other day how my taste buds have changed since I started Weight Watchers. I no longer crave sweets. Instead I find myself craving fruits. It's mandarin season here, and I just can't seem to get enough of them. Weight Watchers really does promise what they preach....a change in lifestyle.

Have a good one.

2 comments:

  1. I love that charming poem excerpt that you started the post with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family tree goes invisible well before the 5000 mark. You are creating a treasure for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete