Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tuesday Rant. Well, Sort of.

No one can escape stress, but you can learn to cope with it.
Practice positive thinking. . . seize control in small ways.

Adele Scheele  


Good morning everyone. It's going to be another cold one. Not anything planned today either. Have to be careful. I could get used to this. But, it's not as if I stay in doing nothing, I do keep myself busy so I don't sit around moping so I guess it's okay to have a few indoor days. Before I know it I'll be running around every day. In fact, starting next week. So I might as well take advantage of my 'me' time now.

 First I had the issue with PayPal. This is why I am leery of PayPal. I will not put my debit card number on the computer, but I do like to order things online from time to time. So rather than open myself up for theft, I purchased a PayPal card with $25 on it. When that is gone I re-up. Well, I haven't purchased anything via PayPal since mid 2015 and had $15.60 left on my card. Today I get an email that they processed my order of $15 for something I ordered today from Cambrian host. Never heard of them and I think they are a scam. I looked online and found no company by that name. So, I filed a complaint with PayPal and now have to wait while they investigate. They say they have my complaint and are now waiting for a response from the seller. Don't think they will hear anything because I doubt the company exists. Now this was $15. I shudder when I think they could have cleaned out my bank account. Word to the wise. Don't give PayPal debit or credit card numbers. Always use a PayPal gift card.

Later I had an issue with a package I was waiting anxiously for all day yesterday. Don't know why UPS suddenly transfers some packages to the nearest post office rather than complete delivery themselves, but they do. So, All day I track my package of acrylic painting paper, which I wanted to use this morning, and it says it was delivered to local USPS and is out for delivery. Then, a little after 8 pm I want to get my jammies on so I check and the tracking notice says "Package delivered and ready for pick up." PIck up????? First of all, I don't pay for Prime to have to run out and pick up my packages. I was home all day. My bell didn't ring once. Why should I have to either walk all that distance in the cold or pay bus fare to pick it up because someone who is getting paid to deliver it didn't even bother trying. Heck, when I called the online USPS number I cannot even arrange for re-delivery because there is NO delivery attempt notice. I am furious. Just watching the clock til the hands hit 8 am.
Otherwise, I plan a nice day. Making some Hobo Stew for dinner. Recipe to come later. I do have some smaller canvas to paint on so I guess I will try that out. And I am reading a great book about Ireland and its Pagan roots. Fascinating. Lots of mythology and I do love my mythology.

Have a good one.

1 comment:

  1. Some days, and too many companies, are like that.
    I hope the rest of it is much, much better.

    ReplyDelete