Monday, February 8, 2016

Monday Morning This and That




Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things,
but just look what they can do when they stick together.

Vesta M. Kelly

Good morning everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Snow is in the air, and it's just about to start to fall. They're forecasting snow for the next three days. Not much at all. Just enough to make it a little slippery, That's okay. Wasn't planning on doing anything anyway, and we've plenty to eat.

I was going to head out to the nutrition class but hubby said he didn't understand why I'd want to go back where I wasn't wanted, and after some thought, I agree.  It's obvious the teacher is very uncomfortable with me in the class, and that wouldn't bother me because I am really doing nothing wrong, but the fact is, it makes me uncomfortable, too.  Besides, today's call is about the health benefits of blueberries, and there is nothing she can tell me that I don't already know.  Nonetheless, when I do return for my classes next week I do plan on stopping in the office.  After all, I did pay for this, and she is teaching wrong information.  Do you think I should just let it go?

Speaking of school, I'm really happy to report that two of the spring lectures I went to went over so well they are now going to be a part of the curriculum, and I signed up for both.  "Justice: What's the Right Thing to do?' is a continuation of "The Morality of Murder".  And, "The Hebrew Scriptures in Judaism and Christianity" is a continuation of "A Parting of the Ways".  Can't wait for them to begin.

Yesterday the priest was talking about Lent during the mass, and it got me to thinking that it's been many a year that I'd given up anything for Lent.  So, I started thinking about what I could give up and nothing came to mind.  Everything I eat nowadays is healthy foods that my body needs....aside from the pasta below.  And then he said, "This year, instead of giving something up, why don't you look for something you can do instead? Why not say a prayer each day?" And they gave us a Devotional book to use during Lent. I also have plenty of clothes I can gather together and donate to the poor.

 Our Saturday night pasta--Baked Rigatoni with Hot Sausage.



1 package Premio hot sausage
Red, green, and yellow sweet peppers
Fire roasted diced tomatoes (1can)
Garlic powder
Marinara sauce
1 package rigatoni
Olive oil 

Slice sausage into bite size pieces and brown. Add onions and peppers and cook until softened. Add diced tomatoes and garlic powder and simmer. 

Meanwhile cook rigatoni until just about done. Drain and rinse. Add to pan. Stir in sausage mixture and marinara sauce. Bake until rigatoni is done.

Have a good one.

1 comment: