Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday Morning This and That

Autumn truly is what summer pretends to be: the best of all seasons. It is as glorious as summer is tedious; as subtle as summer is obvious; as refreshing as summer is wearying.
Autumn seems like paradise.

Gregg Easterbrook
 
I bought this plant last year.  I thought it was so pretty and unusual, and for awhile it was.  But, I noticed that not only was it not growing, but the was beginning to die. Tried everything I could to save it, but nothing worked.  It was then I discovered that there were no roots.  The owner of the store had just stuck the pretty leaves in the dirt.  Never went back to that store.  

Good morning everyone.  I had a quiet weekend.  On Saturday I stayed in and did some cooking.  A couple days this week I have class in the afternoon, and I hate to come home and start cooking from scratch so all I will have to do is thaw dinner out, make some veggies, and dish out the plates.  On Sunday I went to church.  It was cool.  First time that I really needed a jacket.  Sunday afternoon was spent reading a short story for Monday morning's class.

Saturday I felt better than I have in a long time.  On Friday night I participated in a distance Reiki healing session.  Woke up with little pain and so much energy.  I felt like my old self again.  Suffice it to say I have felt pretty good since that healing session, and as a result, I am going to look further into Reiki.

This will be a busy week for me.  Classes from Monday through Friday, pick up my meds Friday afternoon, and then food shopping on Saturday.  Won't have a day off until Saturday two weeks from now.  I enjoy keeping busy, though. 

Last week as I took out my broom to sweep my house clean in honor of the coming of fall.   I also chose to sweep away those fair weather friends who do nothing but leave me drained, groups that no longer offer what I needed, and fall clothing that no longer fit my slimmer body.  Felt pretty good when I was finished. A lot freer.  I also took time to work on sweeping away the resentment and bitterness I feel towards my ex's family. I admit, that is going to take  some time, for sure, but I am working on it.  

Well, I'm off to shower and have breakfast.  Have a good one.



5 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great week.
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Reiki and have a Reiki II certification, Mary. It has helped me so much over the last few years and I have learned a lot about energy and the chakra system. Do check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No roots? Just stuck the leaves in the dirt?!!? Man, what a con!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new broom approach. And hope your week continues as it has begun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a pretty thorough cleansing! I'm glad you are feeling better! The thing with the plant would drive me crazy!

    ReplyDelete