Monday, September 7, 2015

Monday Morning This and That

Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow.

 Douglas Pagels
'These Are the Gifts I'd Like to Give to You'

Good morning everyone, and a very happy Labor Day to those celebrating.  I remember how much I looked forward to these three day weekends while I was working. This is such an exciting week for me.  Tomorrow I have orientation, and my first class starts on Wednesday.  Had a bit of anxiousness yesterday when I started sneezing and had a runny nose, but it seems that was allergies, so  I am all prepared and feeling well for my bit day.  Have all my pens, notebooks, and folders.  Purchased a new bag to carry them in.  Have a new outfit for the first day.  And on Friday I had my haircut.  


On Saturday I had a day of rest.  It was one of those 'do whatever you feel like' days.  I caught up on some pen pal letters, played some FB games, and read.  Finished 'Frankenstein' so I am truly ready for class on Wednesday.  I found another assigned book for free on Kindle, 'Villette' by Charlotte Bronte.  Wow, that one is 746 pages.  I had a hard time with 'Frankenstein', don't know how I am going to read this one.  I'm not good with extra long books.  The only one that truly held my attention from beginning to end was 'The Mists of Avalon'. 

Sunday I went to church and absolutely nothing on my agenda today except to get ready for tomorrow.  Pack my back, polish my nails, lay out clothes.  Going to be a hot one so I am glad I bought a couple outfits, one lighter than the other.  Can you tell that I am excited?  I sure do hope I can sleep tonight.

Was just reading a FB page of one of the scammers I wrote about not too long ago.  If true, the scammer got scammed, but I highly doubt it's true.  This is the one who says she has early stage Alzheimers (probably true)  and claimed, basically, that her internet was the only joy she had and helped her keep in contact with her friends, but it was about to be cut off because she couldn't pay her bill.  Meanwhile, she planned and held her daughter's wedding and went on two vacation trips.  Now she is claiming they donated to some Veteran's program and they stole their ID.  Now she is clammoring to find a way to pay her bills.  That's a hint for everyone.  And when her friends don't volunteer to help her financially,  I see this going on GoFundMe in the near future.  

Well, that's about it this morning.  Gonna go have some breakfast and jump in the shower to take these kinks out of my bones.  Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty haircut!!! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your haircut. Hope your have a great week at school!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete