Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tuesday Ramble




Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once one grows up.

Pablo Picasso

Good morning everyone.  Stayed in yesterday and found plenty to do.  I spent the morning doing some indoor gardening.  Transplanted all but my hanging plants.  I need new planters for them.  A peer in art class gave me a Chia herb garden she had received as a gift, but cannot use because she doesn't have large enough window sills. However, after reading the instructions, I felt it was still too cool to plant them.  Personally, I've never purchased any Chia products so I am not sure what to expect.

Anybody ever try these.  Awesome, and only two Weight Watcher points.


I had joined a Facebook group for those who have lost their feline friends, and at first I loved it.  And for awhile, it was just what I needed.  A place to express my grief where everyone understood what I was going through. But, yesterday I realized it was holding me back from moving past my grief.  I found myself becoming enmeshed in everyone else's grief.  They would post about their cats death with a picture of their beloved fur baby, and I'd find myself sobbing, and soon the overwhelming grief over the loss of Miss Minga would return.  When I woke up yesterday and checked Facebook and ended up beginning my day in tears, I knew I had to leave the group.  There was no way I was going to be able to stay and offer support to anyone as I was too fragile myself.

It's not that I want to forget her.  I will never do that.  But I want to come to that place where I can remember and focus of the joys that she brought me and not stay mired in this dark pit I seem to have fallen in.  To do that I cannot be looking at photos of people holding their beloveds in the last few moments of their life.  Personally, I don't think photos like that should be put out there for all to see, and if one chooses to have a photo of that time, that is their 'personal' choice, but it wasn't mine.   I play that picture in my mind over and over again.  I don't need a photo to remind me. 


Practiced painting yesterday.  Wanted to do something for spring.  I sure do have a lot to learn when it comes to painting flowers.  Looks like a school kid did this one.  LOL!!!!  I think I do best when I keep it simple, but I've been unable to do that.  I always keep adding more and more.  I'm waiting on a book from Amazon about drawing and painting flowers.  This was just a practice run.  Don't think I'll be hanging this on my wall.

Speaking of art, that's where I am headed today so I'd best get a move on.  Time to shower and have a bite to eat before I go.  Hoping you all have a good one.




3 comments:

  1. I think its wonderful that you found a group to help you with your grief, I agree about the photos. Completely, I certainly would NOT want a photo taken of me in my last hours and I know my pets would not have wanted that eiether, I owe them more respect than that.
    Your painting is lovely, beautiful flowers for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wise to move on from the Facebook group. It was a good short-term support but you're right, you don't want to get mired in others' grief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your painting is beautiful - not everything has to be photo-realistic, and you've captured the joy with those colors.

    ReplyDelete