Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Wishing all you mothers out there a Happy Mother's Day.  And remember, you don't have to be a biological mother to have been like a mother to someone.  Mother's Day is for everyone.  I wish you all a relaxing, loving day tomorrow. 


Your mother is always with you...

She's the whisper of the leaves
as you walk down the street.

She's the smell of bleach
in your freshly laundered socks.

She's the cool hand on your brow
when you're not well.

Your mother lives inside your laughter.
She's crystallized in every tear drop.

She's the place you came from,
your first home...
She's the map you follow
with every step that you take.

She's your first love
and your first heart break...
and nothing on earth can separate you.

Not time, Not space...
Not even death...
will ever separate you
from your mother...
You carry her inside of you...

--Author Unknown--

Such a bittersweet time for me.  I'm so blessed to have the love of my two dear sons, but all I have are the memories of the two women of my life.  Sadly, my photos were destroyed, and as time passes, their faces have begun to fade away.  But, they will always remain in my heart.  Nothing can take that away.  Happy Mother's Day Mom and Grandma. 


"While we honor all our mothers
with words of love and praise.
While we tell about their goodness
and their kind and loving ways.
We should also think of Grandma,
she's a mother too, you see....
For she mothered my dear mother
as my mother mothered me."

--Author Unknown--

4 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers Day to you too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a lovely Mother's Day.
    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day Mary. It is bittersweet for me as well. My Mother died when I was in my early twenties.

    ReplyDelete