Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy President's Day


Mother Nature sure can be fickle.  After 68 degree temperatures on Friday, we dropped down to the 30's on Saturday, but it was the winds that did everyone in.  It's been a long time since I've seen them that blustery for such a length of time.  They actually ripped my neighbor's awning right off her back porch....and frigid.  I cannot begin to explain how it felt when I turned the corner, and that blast of wind hit me.  It was one time I was glad to have a little weight on me, but...

...when all is  said and done, I cannot complain about this weekend.  After a day of food shopping and cooking on Saturday, Sunday was a day to do something nice for me, and despite the cold
temperatures, I went shopping for some new spring clothes.  And this time I made out like a champ.  For $120 I got 4 new bras, 6 blouses, a crystal necklace that I didn't need, but couldn't resist.  Also got a new pair of slippers and a purse.  Now, I can't wait for Spring to come so I can wear this stuff....


(Again my poor bush)

...but, I will definitely be waiting awhile for that one as you can see by the photos above.  Winter is just not ready to let go of its hold on us....as you can see in the above photos.   Glad it happened on a day off.  Been just lounging around in my jammies and watching a marathon  of Supernatural.  Don't know how I missed this show the first time around.  Holidays are nice, even if it is only one day.  I say that  does anyone remember back in the day when we had two holidays off instead of one?  Whose bright idea was it to combine the two?   So, even though the day is half over, hoping you all find something to do to take care of you.
 

Cherokee Prayer Blessing

May the Warm Winds of Heaven
Blow softly upon your house.
May the Great Spirit
Bless all who enter there.
May your Mocassins
Make happy tracks
in many snows,
and may the Rainbow
Always touch your shoulder.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you got a lot of bang for your buck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the shopping luck!!!

    And as to combining the 2 President's Days... They had to make room for *new* *Days*. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to drive down here to Jersey and teach me how to shop like that! Hell, I'll take the train in the city and we'll go there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Mary! I am so happy that you have finally done something for yourself. Job well done with the shopping! Wishing warm weather your way!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete