Wednesday, April 25, 2018

On a Rainy Wednesday Morn

  Petrified wood can be used to calm down survival-based fears. It helps to make one feel safe and secure, helps one feel ageless. 

Whitehorse Woman

Heavy rain this morning.  At this point, I don't think I am going to head out to my classes today.  It's a two bus trip and neither has any shelter, plus a decent sized walk to my classes.  For the past year or so, my fingers have begun locking when I hold an umbrella.  I am able to get them open, but not without some pain.  It's not Trigger Finger.  Doctor says I have arthritis in my fingers, and when I hold an umbrella I tend to hold it too tightly.  This getting old business is no picnic, but it's also no reason to just give up.  So instead of going to classes today, maybe I'll do some work on my jewelry project.  Made this one in class on Monday.  Not as easy as it used to be.  Eyesight and fingers don't quite work like they 35 years ago when I made jewelry to sell.
 
Got this in the mail yesterday.  It looks much prettier than the picture.  My new phone doesn't take as clear pictures as my old phone.  Petrified Wood.  Petrified wood is wood that has been  created naturally in the earth from ancient trees that became fossilized over a very long period. It is the result of a tree having turned completely into stone.   It forms  when a tree has died and silicon dioxide forms in place of the wood that degrades until there is no wood left.  This small stone in my hand was once an ancient, living and breathing tree. 



Petrified wood is a stone of transformation and patience.  A grounding stone, it helps to make you feel safe and secure.  The Earth element is alive in this gemstone and by connecting you with the Earth's energy, it provides healing energy to both physical and emotional issues.  If you need a grounding stone, Petrified Wood is the perfect stone to work with.  This stone instill a feeling of peace with everything around you.

Petrified Wood has been known to promote communication and interaction with the spirits of nature.  This stone is another stone that can enhance past-life work and may facilitate the viewing and understanding of the Akashic records. Meditating with Petrified Wood assists us in connecting with Mother Earth and the natural realm.

2 comments:

  1. Love the petrified wood. Growing up we had a couple of huge chunks of it which lived in the garden.
    And yes, growing older is not for sissies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a kid, we used to go agate-picking on freshly gravelled roads. We'd occasionally find some petrified wood too.

    ReplyDelete