Friday, April 27, 2018

Friday Roundup

Oh my, more rain on the way today.  Better be lots of flowers this year. We've had way more than are quota of rain.  Not going to stay home again today, though.  Have to get that exercise in.  Today is Chair Yoga, Dance, and Zumba.  Going to be a fun day.  Lately I have been having a lot pain in my back and knees, but it's best to move as much as possible.  The trainers understand that we are 'women of age' so they don't mind us taking some breaks.  At any rate, I know somebody who is going to sleep well tomorrow night.  

Been a strange week here in Brooklyn.  Such heavy wind and rain on Wednesday.  Enough to keep me in, for sure.  Lots of lateness with buses...and all occurring at stops that have to seating.  No picnic standing there 25 minutes for a bus when you are in pain.  On a good note, the mice appear to have moved on.  Now, if only I can move on myself.  Still sleep with the television on, but am making some progress.  At least I can now sleep with the light off.

Got stuck in the bathroom for almost a half hour yesterday.  Door somehow got jammed.  Hubby tried to get me out, but we had to resort to calling the super to bust the door in.  Embarrassing moments.  Here I am standing there with my nightgown on and my teeth out.  On a positive note, at least it is still chilly at night so I was wearing a long flannel gown.  Always something.

Got another stone yesterday.  A Shungite Palm Stone.



Shungite is a very powerful stone that some say say is a “miracle stone” because of its incredible healing and protection powers.  It works by promoting a calm state of mind while at the same time forcing out negativity and dark thoughts.  Worry stones such as mine above are believed to use a form of reflexology, or nerve pressure.  When one rubs the smooth surface of the stone, pressure is put on the nerves within the thumb which, in turn, releases endorphins.  As such it is said to reduce stress, headache, and insomnia. 

Have a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mary -- I wrote about the tarot soul cards in order, so here's my post from a few weeks ago about the High Priestess:

    https://shewhoseeks.blogspot.ca/2018/03/tarot-soul-card-high-priestess-number-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. This is all very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we had our bathroom renovated we had the door amended so that particular problem can never happen. Our door can be opened from the outside by lifting it up on its jambs and swivelling it slightly (if that makes sense). And very lucky that you were fully dressed and hadn't made a midnight dask (as may have happened here before now).

    ReplyDelete