Monday, April 23, 2018

Monday This and That

Monday morning.  Another week begins.  Another busy week for me.  This morning I am out of here by 8 am and won't be seeing home until close to 5.  Qigong, Line Dance, Meditation, and then Arts and Crafts.  I love being busy and playing catch up on all the years I missed all this.  I was so wrapped up in work that I had no idea of all the fun things that there were to do.  On Friday I actually did an hour of Zumba.  Talk about a workout.  I was determined, though, and I stuck it out....and you know what?  I walked into that class with my back aching and walked out a new person.  No more pain.

My Zumba class.  Trainer in front is awesome.  I have her for Line Dance as well.

Hubby surprised me last night by taking me out to dinner at Applebees.   Had the chicken steak combo with sides of broccoli and green beans.  Green beans had a sauce on them which added points, but much less points than their mashed potatoes or macaroni and cheese (my choices in the past).  Afterwards we went to see A Quiet Place.  Not quite what we had in mind.  After 15 minutes I woke hubby up and we headed on into the next theater to watch an action movie of human trafficking.  Don't even know the name of it .

My beautiful day out was not without some drama, though.   After we parked at Applebees, I climbed out of the car, went to close the door, and somehow knocked my sunglasses off, leaving a small cut on my nose.  How I did it, I don't know.  So while hubby waited in line for seating, I had to run to the ladies room and do a little first aid.  Clumsy me.

Spent most of Saturday in the kitchen.  Hubby still has regular meals, but, to be honest, I really tired of them.  So, I cooked meats for him during the week and made two different soups for me--another batch of the Harissa Spiced Bean and this delicious Weight Watchers Chicken and Orzo soup with fennel.  Got it out of one of our weeklies and added a few touches of my own.

7 cups low sodium chicken broth
Carrots
Celery
Fennel (recipe called for fennel bulb, but I used ground fennel)
cooked boneless chicken breast
black pepper
1 cup uncooked orzo

I put everything but the orzo in the pot, brought to a boil and then simmered until carrots and celery softened.  Added the cooked chicken and orzo and cooked until orzo done.  Simple, cheap, only 3 WW points, and delicious.

Well, time for me to get ready to mosey on down the road.  Classes start at 10, but it's almost a 2 hour bus trip....but, oh, so worth it.  Have a good one.

2 comments:

  1. Have a great, albeit busy, week. My father often said after he retired 'I don't know how I found time to go to work'. And I finally understand.

    ReplyDelete