Friday, May 6, 2016

Friday Roundup.



Now that... my kids are grown, I understand how much work and love it takes to raise and to keep a family together. The example of your strength, devotion, and patience is now rippling through the generations. Thank you!

Forest Houtenschil

Good morning. It's the end of the week. Another Friday has arrived. With today's wet weather it's 6 straight days of rain. Was planning on doing my food shopping this morning, but they say this is going to be a very, very wet day so I'm going to put it off until tomorrow. It's not like there is nothing in the house to eat, and I did pick up a few items yesterday.

So, what to do today. I guess this will be one of those days I play it by ear. Some work on my project, maybe putting together my sauce for tomorrow, time will tell. It's nice to have days like this. For so many years every day I had something on my agenda. It's good to be free.

Woohoo!!!! Lost 1.2 pounds this week. 2.2 pounds to hit the 50 mark and then only 26 pounds to go. Recognizing that I was eating emotionally this week was a big help. Have to keep that up front when hunger hits one hour after dinner.

Made this awesome dish the other day. Lots of ingredients as you can see, but so worth it.

All this plus smoked chicken sausage and chicken chunks.  And the finished product.

Have a good one, and a VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOM'S OUT THERE.

3 comments:

  1. 1.2 lbs, way to go! And have a wonderful Mother's Day on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done.
    On the losing front and the cooking front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, freedom is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete