Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Thursday Photos



While the spirit of neighborliness was important on the frontier because neighbors were so few, it is even more important now because our neighbors are so many.

Lady Bird Johnson

I love where I live. After the 15 years of living in a home where, now that I look at it, I was NEVER 'really' happy, I feel blessed to be in a place now where I can enjoy people because they actually 'SPEAK' to me and not glare at me as if I came from outer space. I love having a bus that stops in front of my house that with a transfer will take me anyplace I want to go in Brooklyn, and so much available shopping that deciding which direction to walk to buy some fruit becomes a major decision.

With that being said, here are a few photos of my neighborhood.

This is a house on my block.  I love seeing these flowers as I walk past.

This church is a couple of doors down from my building.  Love the view of the spire up above the trees.
This is 8th Avenue, a small section of Brooklyn's 'Little Chinatown'.  See the store on the corner?  I remember being on the bus and thinking, "Oh, goodie.  A candy store right on the corner."  Then I discovered that there was no candy to be found in the store.  It's filled with trinkets.  I still love going in there.  Love their little wish bottles.
And finally, a picture I took of my building.
Have a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment