Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Another Gloomy Day

 

Well, it's another cold and dreary day here in Brooklyn.  Haven't seen the sun here in 9 days now. Kind of gets you down after awhile. Everyone has been talking about how tired they feel.  No energy or motivation.  Definitely been taking my Vitamin D3 every day.   Definitely will need sunglasses when it does decide to come back.  

Just got back from one of the newer classes at the center--Healthy Video Hour.  Facilitator shows a lot of natural healing stuff, right up my alley.  I really have to get back on track.  As you know, last year I was diagnosed with Stage 3 kidney disease.  I stopped taking the Aleve for pain and my numbers got better.  I also began watching my diet as for the first time I had high cholesterol and high trigycerides.  Did extremely well for awhile, but I guess about September I fell off the wagon.  Ate lots of sweets, processed foods, and everything else that is no good for me. ..resulting in some bad results on my latest bloodwork.  Kidney GFR dropped 9 points down to 50, glucose was 110 (pre-diabetic).  They didn't test my cholesterol this time, but I can just imagine what it must be.  

So I have been back to making healthy soups for myself.  Ralph had bought me the largest carrots I have ever seen so I cut just one up in this soup.  Ingredients are carrots, peppers, onions, garlic, navy beans, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, low sodium vegetable broth, Tuscan spices, and smoked paprika.  Tasted just like the Campbell's Bean with Bacon that grandma used to serve me.  An all time fave, but far too much sodium for me now.



2 comments:

  1. January can so often be a gloomy, grey month ... roll-on Spring!
    I think soups and casseroles are great for this time of year.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, healthy eating is the way to go! Your soup sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete