Monday, January 17, 2022

Monday Morning and I'm Itching to Get Out

Good morning.  What a storm last night!!!  Woke me out of a sound sleep.  Started as snow in early evening, but as the night wore on the temperature went up and it changed to rain.  It was the wind that got me.  50 miles an hour.   The whistling sounded like a major blizzard. Funny thing, ever since that building next door went up, the whistling has been extra loud.  You would think it would block the wind and the cold, but it actually has made it worse.  It's almost as if the wind funnels its way down.

Speaking of that monstrosity next door.  It's not completed yet, and I wonder if it ever will be.  It stands 8 stories tall but the front is not finished nor the inside.  They've had a number of partial stop work orders, and now since December 23rd they've had a full stop work order.  Kind of makes me nervous about something that tall standing next to me having all those safety issues.


This has been the view out of my kitchen window for over a year now.  Wish I could afford to move, but right now that's out of the question.

I'm so excited to get back to the center tomorrow.  I've already laid out my clothes and packed my bag.  When they first re-opened we weren't allowed to bring in any cups from outside, but people were bringing in a thermos filled with water.  So I ordered one from Amazon, stop at the store to have it filled with  iced coffee, and enjoy my drink for the rest of the day. 

We now have a rock painting class at the center.



I am really not very good at it, but I do have fun doing it.  

I know I haven't mentioned my niece/goddaughter who stole my son's money.  Well, I just didn't have it in me to go back and forth to the DA in Queens so she got away with it, but I did turn her into the IRS for stealing his stimulus check.  Never heard what happened about it, but she has since moved to Florida.  I have blocked her on all my sites and my phone, but I understand she still carries on about how good she was to my son.  Yeah, right he paid all her bills and watched her kids.  But enough of that. My stomach tightens when I talk about the evil one.


8 comments:

  1. Rock painting is fun and I like the ones you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased that you can get back to the centre. Enjoy it - and happy painting - which is MUCH better than thinking about she would should not be named or thought about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun! I like the ones you painted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the painted rocks - looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so pleased you can get back to the centre.
    I like the painted rocks.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look cool! It is fun and I haven't done it in years. So pleased you are getting back out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, my friend, I hope all is well.

    Want you to know, I'm back to blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your painted rocks. I've been wanting to try my hand at it and then go "hide" them in plain sight for some one to find. I don't know if that's still a thing though.
    Happy Belated Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete