Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Wednesday Ramble

Good morning.  Finally got out of the house yesterday and went to the center.  Wasn't so icy out there, but it was cold and windy.  Was good seeing my friends again.

Had my turkey soup last night.  Tasted so good on such a cold, windy evening. Have a couple of containers in the freezer, and once that's gone, it will be until November 2020 that I make it again. 

I put everything in my soup--turkey, rest of the gravy, red and green peppers, onions, carrots, parsnips, turnips, potatoes, string beans, celery, parsley, thyme, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and sodium free broth.  Simmers for hours.  I put a couple slices of avocado in when serving.  So yummy.


It was so windy that this is what I found when I looked out the window in the morning. 

I can't believe I'm still shopping for Christmas.  Thought I was done, then realized I had forgotten my nephew.  I also needed to order more bars of homemade soaps.  I  am giving a gift bag of a candle, a homemade soap, and something I made to workers and close friends at the center.  Others are getting either a bar of homemade soap or something I made.  The men are getting a bar a men's homemade soap and some Peppermint Bark candy. 

Have a wonderful day. 

8 comments:

  1. So special, your gifts for friends and workers, little bags filled with luxurious usable things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gift bags sound very special indeed. Gifts to treasure. And use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just gave me a great idea. I have been figuring out different ways to use avocado but had never thought of putting it in soup. Well, you can just bet I am going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you have the center to go to-it seems like it is really a bright spot in your life. The gift bags sound wonderful. xoDiana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I got my Christmas shopping done. But I have to say that soup looks good.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  6. Browsing a few blogs today.
    Your turkey soup looks and sounds delicious!
    I still have gifts to buy but I don't mind 🎄
    Keep your body warm when you venture out and be careful at bus stops where black ice can form.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum … your turkey soup looks and sounds delicious.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete